April 4 is the day to give special attention to the 600.000.000 stray animals in the world.
Dogs and cats should have a home. But stray dogs and stray cats donít. They lead poor and miserable lives on the streets. They are often illfed, suffer from extreme heat or cold, and suffer from diseases. Even more often, theyíre being chased around by hostile and violent people.
But we, as people who care about animals, can do something.
April 4 is the day to show compassion, take care, and get into take action for stray animals all over our planet.
What can YOU do?
If youíre an indivual:
- make a #strayfie
- share the cause of 4/4 Stray Animals Day with everybody you know
- adopt a stray dog
- ask your local animal shelter how you can help
- support a stray animal organization
If youíre an organization:
- organize a pack dog walk
- organize a lottery for your cause
- hold a stray adoption day
- hand a petition to the community council
- hang 4/4 posters all around your city
- organize a free spay and neuter day
- get your shelter on local TV or in the newspaper
- collect stuff to support a shelter
- organize a demonstration, fair, or market
- etc. etc.